3.4. General information on controlThe term "control" is used in this manual rather for designation of a complex of procedures, than one separate procedure.
If from the moment of purchase of the car the schedule of routine maintenance is strictly observed, frequent inspections of level of liquids and a state subject to the increased wear a component will be carried out as it is offered in this manual, the engine will long remain in the good working condition, and need for carrying out any additional work will be minimized.
Is more often, however, happens so that the engine works inefficiently owing to neglect with regular service. Even more often it happens upon purchase of the used car which owners did not trouble themselves frequent and regular checks and service. In this case, besides performance of ordinary procedures for routine maintenance, it will be necessary to make setup of the engine.
The first step in any procedure of control or diagnostics for the purpose of improvement of operation of the engine is check of extent of compression in cylinders. Check of a compression (address the Head Dvigatel) will help to define a state internal a component of the engine and has to serve as the index when carrying out control and repair. If, for example, check of extent of compression indicates serious internal wear of the engine, usual control will not help to improve its work and will be waste of time and money. As the procedure of check of extent of compression is extremely important, the expert owning the equipment which is specially intended for this purpose has to see off it.
Reduction of the engine in the good working condition most often requires performance of the following procedures.
- Check of all liquids connected with operation of the engine (The section Check of Levels of Liquids, control of leaks).
- Check of a condition of all hoses of a motive compartment (Section Check of a State and Replacement of Hoses of a Motive Compartment, localization of leaks).
- Check and adjustment of a tension of driving belts (Section Check of a Condition of Ridge Belts of the Streaming Drive of Auxiliary Units and Head Dvigatel).
- Cleaning, survey and check of battery charging (Section Check of a Condition of the Battery, care of it and charging).
- Replacement of spark plugs or incandescence - on the diesel engine (The section Check and replacement of spark plugs. Check of a condition of high-voltage wires and Head Sistemy of electric equipment of the engine)
- Check of the air filter (Section Replacement of an Element of the Air Filter of the Engine).
- Check of the cooling system (Sections Check of Levels of Liquids, control of leaks and Check of functioning of the cooling system and frost resistance of cooling liquid).
- All listed above points of the minimum control, plus...
- Check of system of ignition or preheat - on the diesel engine (address the Head Sistemy of electric equipment of the engine).
- Check of system of charging (address the Head Sistemy of electric equipment of the engine).
- Check of fuel system (address the Head of the Power supply system, release and decrease in toxicity of the fulfilled gases).