5.2.1. General information and security measuresScheme of a contour of the conditioner of air
The heater case with the heat exchanger and the additional heater
Elements of the air conditioning system of salon
Removal of the evaporator of the conditioner of air
1 — the Latch
| 6 — a heater Radiator
7 — the Central gate
8 — the Gate of heating of a foot well
9 — the Gate of adjustment of temperature
Works with air conditioning system have to be performed by experts.
Fresh air for system of heating and ventilation is sucked in by the electric fan. Before receipt in salon air is purified by filters of rough and thin cleaning.
The conditioner of air is capable how to warm up (in a heater radiator) and to cool (in the conditioner evaporator), and to drain the air coming to salon. During wet weather, the arriving fresh air previously it is cooled then again heats up to the set temperature. At the same time there is a condensation of excessive moisture of air, i.e. its drainage. Thus fogging of glasses is eliminated.
Then air is distributed on ventilating nozzles in interior of the car.
Through a heater radiator constantly there passes hot cooling liquid of the cooling system of the engine. For regulation of a consumption of air in interior of the car the built-in fan of fresh air can work at several steps.
If fresh air outside does not be sucked in, for example, at poor quality of air, the system can be switched to the circulation mode. In this mode in salon only internal air circulates. If it proceeds rather long time, glasses in salon mist over.
The conditioner consists of a heater and the refrigerator. The conditioner refrigerator - from the compressor, the condenser, a throttle, the evaporator, the container with coolant and pipelines. In system coolant (R134a type) which, depending on temperature and pressure, can be in liquid or gaseous state circulates.
The compressor of the conditioner is given to rotation from a bent shaft of the engine by means of a ridge belt. He creates pressure to 30 atm. in an installation cooling contour owing to what the coolant representing gas heats up. In the condenser coolant is cooled with the external air (which is not coming to salon). At the same time the warmed coolant is condensed, turning into liquid. Having big pressure, it is passed through a throttle therefore its pressure falls. After that coolant evaporates, at the same time strongly being cooled. In the evaporator coolant selects heat from the air blown through it. Air is cooled. The cooled air comes to interior of the car. As a result of heating in the evaporator coolant turns into gas and under low pressure comes to the compressor then process of circulation repeats.
If at work works with electric equipment are in addition carried out, it is necessary to disconnect surely a negative cable (-) of the rechargeable battery. For this purpose surely observe indications of the Section Replacement of the Rechargeable Battery.
On models with the diesel engine the additional heating element which is coming into effect at a low external temperature is established. The heating element is directly behind the heat exchanger. After start of the engine, depending on external temperature, it within several seconds heats the cold air coming to the car.
If in a heater or climatic installation there is a malfunction, it is fixed in memory of malfunctions. The schitana information from memory can be the device for reading of malfunctions.
To order the car can be equipped with the automatic, electronically controlled conditioner which has an air temperature of the driver and forward passenger are regulated separately. In addition, through the connecting hose going from the conditioner to a ware box the refrigerating box if it is available in a ware box can be cooled.
The mode of automatic work provides automatic maintenance of temperature in salon and deletes moisture from air. Besides, the air temperature, its quantity and distribution are automatically regulated and fluctuations of external temperature are compensated. In economy mode of work the conditioner is switched off, but the heater and system of ventilation continue to work. By shutdown of the conditioner the compressor of the conditioner does not work therefore fuel is saved. At diesel engines, besides, additional heating is switched off. It also brings fuel economy.
Security measures at service of the air conditioner
Air conditioning system has to be served by exclusively prepared technicians trained in safe working methods with use of the appropriate equipment with observance of rules of depressurization, acquainted with methods of collecting and order of storage of automobile coolant.
- Do not allow contact of coolant with skin.
- During the work near air conditioning system put on goggles.
- At hit of coolant on skin or eyes do not pound the struck place. Immediately wash out cold water within not less than 15 minutes. Immediately see a doctor or in medical institution. Self-treatment is not allowed.
- Coolant is stored in a new cylinder under pressure. You store a cylinder at a temperature not above 50 °C. Take the measures excluding falling of a cylinder about heights or other situations which can lead to its damage.
- Works should be carried out in well aired room. Coolant quickly evaporates, has no smell. Its accumulation leads to reduction of access of oxygen and difficulty of breath.
- Gaseous coolant is heavier than air and rather quickly has to gather below, for example, under the car.
- At combustion of coolant poisonous gas is formed. You store coolant far from open sources of fire. You do not smoke. When using an ardent techeiskatel avoid smoke inhalation.
- When carrying out welding works near air conditioning system to influence of high temperature or an open flame. The overheat can lead to increase in pressure in system and to ignition.
- Cleaning of the condenser or evaporator by means of water vapor is not allowed. It is necessary to use only cold water or compressed air.